Thursday, August 30, 2018

New Rehab and the Frog

So yesterday while we were doing the Home Assessment w/ Hubby and the PT department from the place he's currently residing, I received a phone call from someone else at the place he's residing, stating that she heard back from her doctor and he appealed the decision with the insurance doctor and was able to reverse the decision so Hubby should be able to go to the new inpatient rehab facility!!!!  However, the rehab facility hasn't heard from the insurance company so as of this moment (6:45 AM), we still don't know WHEN he will be going.  I'm supposed to pick him up from this current place today after work (I get off at 1 PM, need to pick up Ladybug and then will finish packing him up and sign him out).  So hopefully we will know before then.  However, if not then we will just take him home with us until we do, which Hubby will like too. 

So we are looking at a maximum of two more weeks where he will get intensive, three hours per day, rehab, to relearn daily living.  He won't be able to leave the facility during this time so no more daytime home visits on the weekend.  It's only two weeks so he's ok with this.  We also don't know if he will get a private room OR daily showers (which he's now used to).  Hopefully I can get the doctors there to complete his disability paperwork soon as well so we can get that started.  I can't imagine that he wouldn't qualify at this point, even with how far he has come.  

The Hot Jazz Jubilee is this weekend.  Normally we volunteers as co-managers for a ballroom for the event, but we had to pull out because of all this.  Luckily they were able to get a friend of ours to cover for us this year.  This is the first year we've missed it.  Hubby loves Jazz music and always wants to attend this and one other festival in the area.  That other festival was cancelled this year due to lack of funds so he missed out on that too.  The good news is that they are trying to collect donations to help us with our bills.  So hopefully something will come of that as well.  

I had to turn in my time sheet at work this morning (was supposed to yesterday but since I've been working at 4:30 AM every day I was able to hold off), and I just approved it with time off tomorrow because we just don't know for sure that I won't have Hubby and that he won't be home tomorrow.  I figure it's a sign that I'm supposed to rest a bit and relax for the weekend.  I have Monday off too and plan to go Sunday to my parents.  I'm hoping that my Dad is able to get some wood to make more wooden rounds for Ladybug and I to make into Lazy Susan's.  If I can get enough stock then I might be able to attend some craft fairs to sell them.  I would love to be able to do that as then it might help the overall business take off.  I have little tables and nightstands at the house too to fix up if I wanted to and someone was interested in buying them.  It's exciting.

However, I think some of this weekend will be going through the garage to find some music instruments that we can sell and then also determining how much cable we have that Hubby was stocking to sell that as well.  Since we don't know when/if Hubby will be able to return to work, hopefully we can get some cash from that.  I would like to also organize it a bit but that might be tricky.  There are a lot of things in there and I've got my Dad's back (who likely got it from my Memaw) and I can't overdo it or I will be in pain for a while.  So I will have to be careful.

OHHH there was a pretty funny thing that happened yesterday w/ Ladybug.  So, since I've been coming to work so early so I can do things after my shift, Ladybug gets herself up and ready for the school bus every morning.  Anyway she calls me yesterday kinda freaking out.  

"You will never guess what happened to me" she says.

Me - "What?"  (She's typically overly dramatic and I figured this was a play to get out of school).

"Well I was going into the bathroom to use the toilet and I noticed it hadn't been flushed so I go to flush it and I see a FROG in there!!!  So I quickly put my hand in there and rescued him!"  She exclaims.  

The things that happen in our life are amazing sometimes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment