Friday, August 24, 2018

The Black Cat

We've had this black cat for about 14 years, since The Boy first came to live with us.  It was actually HIS cat but she adopted Hubby as her own and so therefore she's still with us even though The Boy is in Austin, TX.  This cat started out in our two bedroom, one bathroom apartment back in 2003 (ish), has moved with us to three different houses.  She's a short haired, black, declawed cat.  She also ONLY likes Hubby, or did, before all this happened.  After he was in the hospital it took her two weeks to start coming up to me in the bedroom at night for loving.  She lives in our bedroom.  The other cats chase her and are mean to her so I keep them out.  

Right after she started coming up to me for loving I noticed a bump on her, like a mole.  I put it off because, let's be honest, Hubby was more important at the time and I had enough on my plate.  Hell the stupid DOG had issues during this that I had to call the vet on but that was severe diarrhea and pooping blood so ... it was a tad more urgent.  Last week I spoke to Hubby about this again (we touched upon it briefly before) and he stated that she should go to the vet.  So on Monday Ladybug and I took her in.  They looked at it and took a sample etc. and we left.  I got a phone call a couple days later that went to voice mail and forgot to call back until today and I was told that it is cancerous.  

So, savings won't be around forever, disability hasn't kicked in, I have upcoming time where I won't be getting my full pay because I also have to pay my company for my benefits, and now this.  I struggle... she's 14 she's kinda lived a full cat life.  Some cats don't even make it to this age.  I don't have a quote on how much it would be to remove it yet but I can't imagine it would be cheap.  Can't I just use that over the counter wart stuff??  It's not attached to the muscle, just the skin.  

I can't make decisions until I have the quote so I will do my best not to think about it.  I wish I had gotten insurance on her a month ago so this would have been covered but I digress.  

Anytime things want to let up for a while, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment