Monday, August 27, 2018

Alexa

For years that Alexa (Amazon) Dot etc. has been out I have been unable to figure out how it could improve my life so therefore, never purchased.  My parents have one and although it's kinda fun to ask questions etc. I could look up most of that stuff over my cell phone.  That being said, I ordered two w/ some smart light bulbs to assist when Hubby comes home.  I'm hoping once he's home alone that if he should need me then he could ask Alexa to call me and it will.  

Saturday Ladybug was with Blue at her house and I brought Hubby home to spend the day with me.  We installed the transfer pole near the bed in the bedroom and the assist to stand thing on the couch.  Then I decided to give the Alexa Dots a try.  I set up the one in the living room fairly quick and we played around with it and he's able to make it work (thank God as his voice isn't exactly always clear).  I installed one of the light bulbs into the lamp we have there in the living room too.  We played around with that for a while and it works.  I installed the other Alexa and light bulb in the bedroom.  That evening I showed Ladybug that we had it etc. and she proceeded to play with it here and there throughout the evening.  Sending messages to me from the living room Dot to my Dot in the bedroom.  

Yesterday, I picked up Hubby and we drove to Walmart to pick up our grocery order.  We were waiting in the parking lot and I decided it might be fun to mess w/ Ladybug who was home and supposed to be in the living room making sure the cats didn't open or tear the screen door in the living room.  So I used the Alexa app on my phone and turned the light on.  I waited for a phone call or message but got nothing.  I decided to try playing music.  Still nothing.  I went back to the light part and saw that it was off and turned it on (laughing) and watched as she turned it off.  I did this a few more times until the person came out with my Walmart Pick-up order and I assisted them putting it into the car.  When I got back into the drivers seat Hubby tells me my phone rang.  I didn't have my headset so when Ladybug called me I answered it on speaker phone, trying not to laugh.  I asked her what's up.  She starts yelling telling me to stop messing with her.  I ask her what she meant.  She said that Alexa kept turning the light on and the radio on and it was driving her crazy.  LMAO.  I was laughing so hard she was so annoyed and it was so much fun to torture that child as she tortures me most days as well.  

When we got home she was still mad and I was still laughing.  All in all I am pretty glad that we got that Alexa.  It could be some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment