Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Teenagers...

It's amazing to me how I can have 4 "young adults" in my house and they all come from the same basic background but are so entirely different on everything.  From personality, to how they act, talk, behave... the list goes on and on.  


This week is Spring Break for my kids and unfortunately, for them and me, they are home most the day and not too pleased about it.  Now Pink spent a couple nights at her"friends" house (who is male but possibly gay?  We aren't sure) but she came back yesterday afternoon.  The Boy comes and goes with little (if any) interaction with anyone in this house.  Blue had been spending everyday with her boyfriend and went to the movies with him last night (no, I don't know what they saw) but today is pissy and slamming doors again.  Cassie had spent some time with a friend of hers for a couple days but they are now out of town so is moping around in her room looking like she's glued to her bed.  I feel like there is a black cloud hanging over this house.  


I, however, am doing ok.  I lost my voice around Friday and haven't found it again, but haven't heard any complaints about it from my family so I guess it's a good thing I can't hardly talk.  (LOL).  I am tackling one of my most dreaded chores today.... laundry!!!  ARGH I hate laundry with all my heart and soul.  I do my best to ignore it but it just sits there and taunts me daily when it's time to get dressed in the morning and I have no clue what is clean for Ladybug to wear and where it is (besides that huge hill on that side of the room by the closet doors).  I doubt I will get it all done and put away before it's time to pick up Ladybug from school.  


I have found that I enjoy listening to books on my ipod.  I particularly enjoyed this book by Nora Roberts called High Noon.  I have listened to several different books in the past few months and have noticed that some of the Narrators that read them take a little getting used to.  I listened to one a while back that the narrator sounded like the lady who did the Kaiser radio commercials.  So that's all I thought about the entire time I was listening to it.  


Anyway, I know this is the third Blog posting in a week but I feel my teenagers' behavior is worth mentioning.  Usually (at least with the younger two) if one of them is in a pissy mood the other one is not.  This goes along with, when one of them is getting along with me, talking to me, remembering that I exist, the other is not.  Usually I do not ever have two teenagers happy with me at the same time.  It just never happens.  I wish that were true with not being able to have two or more pissed off at the same time, but that would be asking too much I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment