Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ladybug, Growing Up

My little girl is growing up right before my eyes.  When you are with them everyday you don't notice it as much until you see the pictures from the year before or even earlier.  Wow.  She amazes me my little Ladybug.  She has many great qualities, and some not so great ones too.  She comes by her stubbornness very honestly through my side of the family (MOM!)  She's very pig headed but then again, so am I.  We often bump heads.  


She's so funny.  I "spank" her (playfully) all the time.  I mention "I'm gonna spank my Ladybug!" and she will scream "No!" but then tell me "Do it!" and turn her bottom towards me.  LOL.  Then her Daddy will say "Did I hear it's time to spank a Ladybug!" and she will scream "NO" and freak out running around like she's really scared.  Here's the funny part.  He's never really spanked her in real life as a punishment and I have spanked her numerous times for numerous reasons, often (when she was younger especially) so you would think that of the two of us she would be more afraid of me because she knows that I will actually spank her.  


So yesterday as I was reading her a bedtime story I noticed that a little part of her hair in the front was a lot shorter than it had been before.  Not sure when she cut it but she did.  So I asked her about it.  She denied cutting it and said it must have happened the first time she cut her hair (BS).  As far as I can tell she's cut her own hair three times by herself.  So I asked her again, if she wanted it cut.  She said she didn't.  But when I was taking out her rubber bands that night I jokingly told her that I would just cut off the pony instead and she said "Do it Mommy, do it!"  (A little mixed signals don't you think.)  She has alternately told me that she wants her hair just like mine and then again that she wants to keep it long. Then she tells me that she wants it Long and Short.  (whatever that means).  


After I dropped her off at school this morning I researched Children's Hair Cuts in my area and found that there were three, two of which were highly rated.  I called and talked two the two and picked the one that had the best deal and was closest to her preschool.  I picked up my darling girl and took her there after school at 4pm.  I sat her down with a book and told her to look at the pictures and tell me which ones she liked and that she would want on her own hair.  She got maybe, possibly, three pages into the book and picked one that's just like mine (I have a Bob cut).  I asked several times if she was sure... she said that YES she was sure.  So I had her take the book and tell the lady that was going to cut her hair.  


Now my baby girl has her Daddy's eyes and hair.  Hubby is losing his hair and it's VERY thin. I have very thick hair and a lot of it (thank God) and my friend who cuts my hair every 4-6 weeks, depending on how long I can stand it, says that she could shave my head and I would still have a lot of hair.  So even though I do my daughters hair on occasion I figured she had more her Daddy's hair than mine.  So the hair person (who BTW wasn't my friend.  I wanted a kids place to do it the first time and then my friend who does my hair can do it next time) took out the rubber bands and started to comb through it and the first thing she said was "Wow, you have a lot more hair and it's longer than I thought it was."  (it was about a little lower than mid back.)  


I told her that we wanted it to look like a Bob cut but a little longer to her shoulders.  (That's a lot of hair off.)  I also asked if she could cut it so I could keep the hunk of hair that she was chopping off.  So she turned on a movie for my little girl to watch, we put her into the toy car chair and she watched TV while they cut her hair and did great!  I thought the cut looked very cute and hoped that she would too.  She said that she liked it.  Got some glitter in her hair and a free barrette too.  


I got a bottle of glitter to take home.  I take some pictures with my phone and camera to send to family and as I am buckling the seat belt she says "Mommy, I don't want my hair cut." OMG WAY too late for that statement!  I talked to her about it on the way home that I thought it was very cute, that if she wanted to grow it long she could, just not to cut it anymore herself.  I was surprised that she didn't cry or throw a fit.  I figured she would.  


The nights young however, and after her movie is over and she takes a bath it might come.  I hope not though.  I think she looks Prettier than a Princess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment