Monday, April 18, 2011

Cassie and the Short Shorts

I have been fighting off a cold for a few days so my brain is a little ... plugged.  


This particular adventure starts on Friday.  I was driving Cassie and Ladybug home from a doctors appointment (Cassie was a follow up, Ladybug ended up with a cold and ear infection in her left (tubeless) ear).  We were taking the "long way" because I had to go through the Walgreens drive thru to get Ladybugs meds.  I was approaching a stop sign and noticed a teen aged girl walking down the street wearing the short jean shorts.  Now it was a hot 72 degrees on this fine April day and I can imagine how hot this young lady was.  I had a private thought to myself  "We started off with Adam and Eve who were naked all the time, then were clothed (overly so) through much of time until recently where we are wearing shorter, skimpier, tighter clothes and I wonder how long it will be until the next style will be just going naked all the time."  After thinking this I sort of laughed a bit to myself.  


Cassie jumped on me like a cat pouncing a mouse.  "What?"  she said.  I told her "Nothing, I was just thinking something that I am not going to say out loud."  (because I knew that no good could come of it.)  "It's mean to laugh at people and you shouldn't make fun of them either."  she said.  (OK now I have a mind reader in the car with me.  I am SO screwed.  The things she will for surely not want to know that I think about.)  I told Cassie that I was not making fun of her but just had a thought to myself that I thought was funny but that she would not. After a back and forth that seemed to last for hours but was probably only a few seconds I told her what I was thinking.  She said "Well they are just shorts and not that short."  I told her "If someone can see your butt cheeks or if you have to shave your hoo hoo hair so it's not seen when you wear said shorts, then they are WAY too short!"  She started to argue and I told her "Sometimes you just need to agree to disagree.  I feel that shorts that are that short are way too short and can't see why any girl would see them as comfortable enough to wear.  You may see things differently but that's how I feel."


She apparently thinks I am "sick and perverted" for thinking these thoughts.  I say this.  You can't change what people think.  If you don't want them thinking poorly of how you dress then you shouldn't dress like that.  BUT if it's only 72 degrees in April then the only reason you are dressing like that is for attention... and you got it. 


I tried to explain my thoughts to my husband.  He doesn't understand how they could be uncomfortable.  OK having a double wedgey whenever you sit down or move wrong is not a good thing.  But to each their own I guess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment