Tuesday, April 19, 2011

007 is Nervous



I find it slightly humorous that 007 seems to think I will talk poorly of her on my Blog.  I printed out the Blog about her and gave it to her to read and since that day she has told me on more than one occasion not to say "something" on my blog.  LOL.  The thing is... I think the world of 007 and probably couldn't find fault with her even if I searched high and low, so I feel she has very little to worry about.  I already am not looking forward to the day that Ladybug no longer is in 007's class.  I will then have one less person that I enjoy talking to and will have to come up with "reasons" to come and talk with her even after my child is no longer at that school at all.  Life moves on but there are always those special people who touch your life and you know almost instantaneously that they can/will impact your life in supreme ways.  


My help was requested by 007 last Friday for the class Easter party.  I was the only parent helper there and felt privileged to be able to have the time and opportunity to help out again.  The kids had a great time that day.  Ladybug and I got there around 9AM while the kids were playing outside.  The kids practiced their Back to School Night songs out on the playground.  Ladybug was off her game but 007 said that was normal for having me there.  It's exciting to have your parent there.  I would think you would want to impress said parent that you were better than the rest of them but my child decided to try to impress me by not doing anything and being "too tired" to participate.  Needless to say I was not happy but I let 007 handle it and she did it with ease and a smile on her face the entire time.  Her cheeks have GOT to be sore by the end of the day!  


We then went inside so the kids could do circle time while I "helped" the Easter Bunny hide eggs.  Ladybug wanted to help too and was very disappointed that she didn't get the see the Easter Bunny too but the excitement of hunting for eggs was much superior to pouting.  I have to say I helped a couple of the kids (Ladybug) towards the end find the "hidden" eggs (the eggs not just scattered on the grass).  Never know if they would have found the last two on their own.  007 and I both took pictures but I haven't had a chance to check them out and print them for her.  


The kids got to play outside again while I went inside and helped set out the yummy food that some of the parents had brought.  007 did a fantastic job of decorating (I am not that creative).  All in all it was a great visit with the kids and I am looking forward to the next project.  Pterodactyl feeders (they are learning about dinosaurs next so it's that instead of Bird Feeders).  It should be lots of fun. 


Hopefully 007 will see that this Blog is all about good not bad and I would never dream to make her more nervous by posting bad things (as if there are any) about her.  I know and understand that teachers are "people" too.  That's what I like about her.  


No comments:

Post a Comment